Welcome to Red Pine Campground! We are now accepting reservations for the 2023 season, which runs May 1st through October 1st!
WHERE SHOULD I VISIT?
The Duluth area has so much to offer. Whether you’re a first-time visitor, come to the area many times per year, or a full-time resident, there’s never a shortage of things to do and see. We couldn’t possibly list them all, but we’ll give you a start. Visit Duluth is a great resource if you’re going to be staying with us and looking for things to do, places to eat, or what’s going on while you’re here. They also have great sample itineraries and list things to do outside of Duluth, too.
We love giving recommendations, so if you have questions or want one, please don’t hesitate to ask! We also like hearing from our guests where they’ve gone and what their experience was like so we’re able to share with other guests. Below are big events happening in the Duluth area in 2023 where we highly recommend reserving early and a brief sampling of some of our local favorites in the Duluth area.
- Grandma’s Marathon Weekend- June 16-18
- 4th of July Weekend- June 30-July 4
- Duluth Airshow- July 15-16
- All Pints North- July 29
- City on the Hill Music Fest- August 4-5
- Bayfront Blues Festival- August 11-13
- The Tribute Fest- August 26-27
- Duluth Oktoberfestival- September 15-17
- Northshore Inline Marathon- September 15-17
Places To See
- North Shore & Arrowhead
- Gooseberry Falls State Park
- Soudan Underground Mine (Tower, MN)
- Split Rock Lighthouse
- Brighton Beach
- Tom’s Logging Camp (Two Harbors, MN)
- Tettegouche State Park
- International Wolf Center (Ely, MN)
- North American Bear Center (Ely, MN)
- Duluth & Superior Area
- Jay Cooke State Park
- Canal Park & Bayfront Festival Park / Aerial Lift Bridge
- Glensheen Mansion
- Great Lakes Aquarium
- Vista Fleet – Lake Superior Cruises
- Lake Superior Zoo
- William A Irvin
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum / The Depot / North Shore Scenic Railroad
- The Duluth Lakewalk
- Leif Erikson Park
- Hartley Nature Center
- Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory
- Fitger’s Inn
- Spirit Mountain Recreation Area
- Amnicon Falls State Park
- Pattison State Park
Our Favorite Places to Eat!
- Gordy’s Hi-Hat (Cloquet, MN)
- Sammys Pizza
- Va Bene
- The Social House
- Fitger’s Brewhouse
- The Pickwick
- Tavern on the Hill
- Cast Iron Bar & Grill
- Duluth Grill
- Vitta Pizza
- OMC Smokehouse
- Vanilla Bean Restaurant
- Betty’s Pies
- Rustic Inn (Castle Danger)
To learn more about our sites and the park, check out our sites and accommodations page. If you’re looking for recommendations when you’re here, we’ve got those too! We fill fast, especially the weekends, so we suggest booking early. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Come see us this season, we’d love to have you. Book your stay today!
We are now accepting reservations for our 2023 season! Book online or call our office to reserve.